Monday, April 10, 2006

What's it all about Mr. Aquanaut Man?

Eat your heart out Matthew Barney

A few installation shots from 2001.

In retrospect, I'm not sure what we were thinking, but here's the result. The cowboy video (see previous post) was on the TV looping perpetually. [I dropped a plank of lumber on my foot during construction, shedding a toenail from my big toe. I knew that cowboys don't cry, so neither did I.] There were four installations in the gallery. The LA Weekly reviewed the show but made no mention of Aquanaut. That's the price you pay for being too conceptually firebrand.

inspiration: rolls of southwestern wallpaper

aficionados of fine art and excellent brew;
both of these guys look familiar

a desert oasis mood lamp

generic production still

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, well, now that you put it in context the video makes PERFECT SENSE!!!

Cocovan said...

Those guy's are HOT!

Joey Polanski said...

PTV -- What a concept!

Geritopia said...

anonymous- GOOD.

cocovan- any mirror'll do.

joey- unfortunately, it's been done.