Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Babies Bouncing and Otherwise

This is my first post written while reclining and pants-less with my new (last-year's model/refurbished) powerbook. It's all part of my physical de-volution which will ultimately find me wrapped in a fetal position around the computer, along with various tubes which transport fluids in and out of my body. All my muscles will finally give way and atrophy. And, of course, I will be hairless and suspended some sort of amniotic lime jello. What other hideous direction can all this be headed?

Meanwhile, I recently did a vanity search of my name on Google and found a couple of new items that I didn't even know about. Looks like I won an award from the prestigious BDA (never mind that I was a bottom-feeder on the crew) and I'm also noted as "Producer" on a couple of Cranes' music listings. The Internet is scary that way. Thankfully, I haven't seen any mug shots or images of me lying in coffins yet 'cause I know they're flying around out there. Still, I do a fine job of being an ass here.

So, dig me. Soon I'll have to moderate this Blog pseudo-anonymously for "Mr. Vandenberg".

6 comments:

Cocovan said...

No Comment

Joey Polanski said...

Woud you wrap yerself roun yer computr if ya new it had a massive hard disk?

Cocovan said...

Where's the pony?

Charlie Bo Barley said...

G., thanks for that link to the cornucopia of Crane. I had no idea he was that prolific! Excellent production work by yourself on those Herb Alpert-style tracks.

As a prophetic warning against your (pony-less) man-machine merger, I offer this one-hit wonder:

-------------------------
ARTIST: Zager and Evans
TITLE: In the Year 2525
-------------------------

In the year 2525
If man is still alive.
If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies.
Everything you think, do and say, is in the pill you took today.

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes.
You won't find a thing to chew.
Nobody's gonna look at you.

In the year 5555
Your arms hanging limp at your sides.
Your legs got nothing to do.
Some machine doing that for you.

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife.
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too.
From the bottom of a long glass tube. Whoa-oh

In the year 7510
If God's a-comin, he oughta make it by then.
Maybe he'll look around himself and say.
Guess it's time for the judgment day.

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake his mighty head.
He'll either say.I'm pleased where man has been.
Or tear it down and start again. Whoa-oh

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wonderin if man is gonna be alive.
He's taken everything this old Earth can give.
And he ain't put back nothing.Whoa-oh

Now it's been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew,
now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night.
The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away.
Maybe it's only yesterday.

In the year 2525
If man is still alive.
If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535 {fade}

Geritopia said...

That song always made me shudder. And i mean that in a good way.

Anonymous said...

What about the song: Sugar Sugar (by the Archies)?